AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on my friends rent-now its seed corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rupert
Posted 8/31/2014 19:30 (#4049132 - in reply to #4049055)
Subject: RE: update on my friends rent-now its seed corn

IA
deeregod - 8/31/2014 17:36

Garvo.....shouldn't of your friend first found out what his 2015 crop inputs are going to cost before he renegotiated cash rental rates with his landlords......the so called facts & figures he used to show his landlords that rent had to be reduced for 2015 or else he would lose $ are actually his 2014 cost of inputs....or just an estimate for the 2015 cost & I think your friend has realized that his 2014 crop on the same rented ground isn't going to be profitable & he isn't willing to risk losing $ on this land two years in a row, & 10% reduction on seed corn alone results in a savings for your friend of $10-$12/acre, if he reduces all of his 2015 nonland input costs by 10% his cost for 2015 will be approx $40-$50/acre less than it was in 2014, your friend obviously paid too high of rent for this land to farm it in 2014 & now that the reality has set in he is asking his landlords to in away pay for what is his mistake & not theirs,....one thing my father taught me growing up is that if I make a mistake I pay for it.....no one else, & if someone else makes a mistake .....they pay for it & not me

How is negotiating rent a mistake on his part? Some of the BS you guys come up with here is laughable
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)