AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on my friends rent-now its seed corn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

deeregod
Posted 8/31/2014 18:36 (#4049055 - in reply to #4048855)
Subject: RE: update on my friends rent-now its seed corn

Pawnee,gage county, neb
Garvo.....shouldn't of your friend first found out what his 2015 crop inputs are going to cost before he renegotiated cash rental rates with his landlords......the so called facts & figures he used to show his landlords that rent had to be reduced for 2015 or else he would lose $ are actually his 2014 cost of inputs....or just an estimate for the 2015 cost & I think your friend has realized that his 2014 crop on the same rented ground isn't going to be profitable & he isn't willing to risk losing $ on this land two years in a row, & 10% reduction on seed corn alone results in a savings for your friend of $10-$12/acre, if he reduces all of his 2015 nonland input costs by 10% his cost for 2015 will be approx $40-$50/acre less than it was in 2014, your friend obviously paid too high of rent for this land to farm it in 2014 & now that the reality has set in he is asking his landlords to in away pay for what is his mistake & not theirs,....one thing my father taught me growing up is that if I make a mistake I pay for it.....no one else, & if someone else makes a mistake .....they pay for it & not me
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)