AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cbot gambling vs investing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

c-xr-1
Posted 8/30/2014 15:08 (#4047270 - in reply to #4047168)
Subject: RE: cbot gambling vs investing

Houston,Tx
TD Ameritrade is the best - one shop for everything. I can trade the wkly SPY options on good setups, as well as soy and livestock futures or options. Occasional setups in all other liquid commodities.

...or how do you trade as a trader and not a gambler?...is what I try to eternally ask myself in the mirror. -- answer///have an edge and methodology -- I was taught by Bill Wolfe if you've ever heard of him - wolfewave.com - wait for different swing trade setups on intraday, daily or wkly charts. Most setups define risk/reward well. i.e. with target (profit) areas.

one occurred in SU for a day/swing trade Wed night/Th - long 1070/1074 - out above 1100. Max risk was 10.5 cents - but reduced it to close to breakeven w/in 45 min.

I like straight futures positions for most day/swing trades - SPY options are liquid and volitile enough to scalp day/swing...pretty sure that volume replaced big S & P pit - when it dried up.

-never written options - for me, too much lack of defined risk/reward -- while i understand they can sometimes be very high probability.
fwiw

Edited by c-xr-1 8/30/2014 15:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)