AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some more good news for the bears
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

McHusker
Posted 8/30/2014 07:54 (#4046656 - in reply to #4046126)
Subject: RE: Some more good news for the bears

Nebraska aka the boondocks
I get your point Rich. I know a lot of folks that are "commuting" to Grand Island CNH to work after several other plants closed, you know the good ole global economy. Now what are they going to do? sell their worthless house in a small town and hope to get a job at Kawasaki in Lincoln? Nice to see that people don't mind jacking folks around whose entire lives will be destroyed by the "market." Lessons learned, don't be a little person in today's economy going forward.

perhaps we should come up with a different term than "bearish," for what you are "alluding" to. Perhaps it is more of a cavalier attitude. There is more at stake here than just "farmers and ranchers." I would like to have a community also. You have mentioned before scaring off the young folks from coming back to ag, not just farms, put actual "professional" jobs. Without what I call "stability" there is nobody coming back. If this ship sinks long enough you can just pour gasoline on the ole "brain drain." This little layoff event in Grand Island is in no way a positive. I remember what happened when New Holland closed in Lexington over 30 years ago, it wasn't pretty and we were left with a big pile of poo.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)