AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And boom goes the dynamite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 4/15/2014 12:25 (#3817697 - in reply to #3817580)
Subject: RE: And boom goes the dynamite

Napanee, Ontario
"Putin can blow the whole thing up and is making rumblings with the Chinese about doing so by merely saying he will accept other currencies as payment for gas without first converting to the US petrodollar. A lot of the rest of the world has just about had it with our destructive monetary policies as the world reserve currency."

Thanks VOn, Time is ticking on all currencies IMO. Everyone's printing their brains out... so while the USD may do well or prosper in the short run as a result of any escalation in Ukraine, the days are numbered for currencies not anchored to some prominent sovereign measure like GDP....Which is pretty much all of them.

I know I sound like a broken record on this site sometimes ..... land is high because of inflation, rah rah.. printing money, collapse coming.. rah rah rah - LOL. I'm just some guy on a message board. But there are a lot smarter folks than me out there... here's one in this video. It's Jim Rickards, author of Currency Wars, in a 25 min interview on his new book, The Death of Money. Worth the watch if people got some downtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCsm5m89SVM

he generally says that people should be steering their investments towards hard assets as a result of the massive structural instability in the global monetary system. He references Warren Buffet buying Burlington as a prime example of a tangible asset hedge. If you remember, this was bought not long after the crash on the cheap by Buffet. For those people that can't go out and buy a railroad, he has a recommended portfolio:

1. Gold
2. Land
3. Fine Art
4. Money in a hedge fund
5. Cash

The fifth he says, is in the scenario where there is deflation before the final collapse into hyperinflation, and also to use as a pivot in case there is another asset class that looks attractive when the **** starts to hit the fan.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)