AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tenderizing leftover meats like pork loin ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

hf213
Posted 4/10/2014 17:47 (#3808196)
Subject: Tenderizing leftover meats like pork loin ?

Hey guys,

My wife and I made a pork loin last Sunday, mostly cooked in the oven, then I finished it off on the grill till it was done ( 10-15 min ).
I had the inside temp a good 140F before the grill, 160 F off the grill and it was a very lean cut. I pushed the limit on letting it rest long enough, 4-5 minutes, It tasted good but was on the dry side, tonight we reheated it in the oven and poured broth in it while cooked trying to get some juices back in again, it helped, but needed more.

Anyone have any ideas what we could have done better....I think more pork fat on the original cut of meat would have helped..... ????

Has anyone ever used one of those meat tenderizer that have rows of needles, I have done a lot of steaks and chops, with marinades ( italian salad dressing, lemon juice, and A1 steak sauce, with a little Worsterchire sauce ) this way and they turn out real good, but never tied on a pork loin.....I am thinking this should have been done before meat was cooked the 1st time.

I also thought of browning it on the grill 1st, then put it in the oven... ????? ( again before / during the 1st time cooking )
I almost forgot, I thought of injecting it too ???? ( before 1st time cooking )

Thanks in advance

Rog

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)