AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GSI Top dry with autoflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greg in NCIA
Posted 2/3/2014 21:48 (#3660562 - in reply to #3660056)
Subject: Re: GSI Top dry with autoflow

North Central Iowa
I've never had to clean the underside of the drying chamber. Occasionally I'll manually dry the top and dump it completely to check the screens, but I've only done that when we were rained out, switched to beans or done. It's never been a problem. I have noticed a lot more beeswings on the roof and on the ground around the bin but I've not had a problem plugging screens.

The fans don't shut off unless the wet bin runs out of corn, an alarm goes off, or I shut them off. Dumping is controlled by an electric hydraulic pump that runs a cylinder that replaces the hand crank. You can set the time that the doors open each time that they are triggered. Mine dumps about 200 bushels each time it cycles. I forget how many seconds that takes. It takes a little while to get everything set, but once your happy with it, you very rarely have to tweak anything. In five years of running it I don't think I've changed the dump temperature more than a degree or two, and I usually end up setting it back to the original temp that I've always used. After drying several hundred thousand bushel through it I'd say the average moisture has been between 14.5% and 15.5%. Like I said, I've been very happy with it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)