AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GSI Top dry with autoflow
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Luke Skywalker
Posted 2/3/2014 17:03 (#3659731 - in reply to #3659597)
Subject: RE: GSI Top dry with autoflow

Arva, Ontario

Steve:

Our TopDry was constructed with the AutoFlow option, so we've not done the conversion to have good data. However, I think the literature suggests about a 20% increase in capacity. The literature also states that the capacity doesnt include fill times. That is where the batch system takes it in the shorts in my opinion, because if it takes 20 or 30 minutes to refill, that is NOT drying time.

Our AutoFlow is programmed so that the fan shuts off for 30 seconds when the chutes drop, and then starts again, because the drying floor isnt completely exposed. You lose very little heat in the plenum, and so this is where capacity gets added in a hurry. You also need a fill system that is going to refill the chamber very quickly. We have a 4000 bph inclined conveyor feeding ours, and when corn is under 19%, it is dumping not long after the conveyor has filled it.

Next Opinion. - If upgrading to AutoFlow, I would use the GSI dealer in Elmira. He has several modifications - mainly the wide chutes - that are virtually unplugable with chunks of cob, bits of stalk or a chunk of soggy red dog. They use a different actuator (other than the 24V one that is standard), and have a dump time of 4 seconds vs 30 seconds with the standard chutes. This 'whoosh" seems to flush a lot of stuff. Personally, we have never cleaned a screen in-season. Know a neighbor that put 300K through one, and never cleaned a screen as well. Changing one over, including the chutes, will have a chunk of labor, but if you're going AutoFlow, now is the time...

Ken

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)