AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sick of all the computers on new equiptment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mntaxedtodeath
Posted 12/5/2013 13:42 (#3493440)
Subject: Sick of all the computers on new equiptment

SWMN
Went to put new battery in 2003 Buick Lesaber today. When I hooked the battery up the car started up like it has auto start which it does not. I thought it was a fluke. I tried to shut it off by turning the key to on and then beck to off but it just keep running. You could pull the key out but it kept running. So I unhooked the battery still ran. So I turned the key to run and then put it in gear and then back to park and then I could turn it off. I hooked the battery back up and it started again on its own. This time I put my foot on the brake and it shut off when the key was off.
My neighbor has a 3 year old Chevy Pickup and the battery keeps going dead and they can't figure why at the dealership . One day it had been sitting in his yard outside for a couple of days not moving and he noticed the lights on so he thought his wife had been in it which she wasn't and the battery was drawed down so it would hardly start. He let it run for a while and shut it off and the lights went out.
Our Polaris Sportsman 500 cooling fan wouldn't run when it got hot so the dealer replaced the computer and by the way it don't have EFI so why it needs a computer I will never know other than to cause problems. That new computer didn't help anything. So I rerouted the wire from the thermostat so it didn't go to the computer just to switched power and to the fan and it has worked fine for 3 years with no problems now why couldn't they have made it that simple.

Sorry to go on and on but why they the have to use computers and relays to complicate everything I don't know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)