AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

28% uan storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 11/21/2013 18:40 (#3459724 - in reply to #3459136)
Subject: Re: 28% uan storage

Kingston,Mi
Bulldog, when I used the term "marry" what I meant was the joining, fusion, becoming one between the two separate pours. We did not finish beyond a simple level in the area that the wall would set on, if the area is kept wet to retard curing or "green" in this 2 or 3 day period the 2 pours will essentially become 1 solid piece of concrete. The second consideration is you are going to recover the expensive product as soon as you discover it has leaked into the secondary confinement. Our procedures were based on experience gained in manure pit design and construction projects over a proceeding 30 year period, evaluating success's and failures.

Ridgefarmer, we designed and built a good number of secondary confinements where the hdpe liner was placed on a prepared subgrade then the tanks placed on the poly liner. We elevated the tanks on a contained 6 inch base of peastone for drainage and to elevate the valve out of a small amount of water that might freeze before you could pump it out. This option is the least expensive but has a larger footprint than a constructed floor and wall or a supporting wall and liner or a complete reinforced concrete containment. I have photo's of various designs that I made and watched them being installed, I just need to resize. Ask for examples and I'll see what I can post.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)