AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pork producers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 1/12/2008 13:40 (#281578 - in reply to #281571)
Subject: RE: Having a bad day?

Kansas
There is one guy in the industry that gets no breaks and that is pork producers. They live in an everchanging industry. You no more get a set of hogs to look like they want and then something changes again. I don't envy the fellars in hog production and I dang sure think they deserve the respect to put up with a market as volatile as it is. Not to mention, anyone not nestled deep in city limits with some sense knows you just goto producer farmer and say keep piggy to 350 lbs instead of 275 and should be all the fat in the world a guy wants on that porker.

If this really was the case, we wouldn't seen 13 and 15 cent sows. How much greasier pork do you want?

I hope you survive this market tank frank. You guys are in a very un appreciated market.

You wrote something over at market talk that I was thinking about. Didn't hog producers challenge that checkoff and get it removed saying it was an illegal means of getting money? Thinking this took place a couple years ago. I can't remember all the perimeters of the deal. Our hog production has been 3 to 4 head each year the last 2 years. Not exactly numbers that give me a pork producer title....*grin*
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)