AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

male or female dog
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

pupdaddy12003
Posted 12/1/2012 06:55 (#2726297 - in reply to #2726215)
Subject: Re: male or female dog

NW Central Ohio
You haven't said what you expect of the dog yet. Is the dog going to live indoors? Would a short haired or non-shedding dog be in order? Are you looking for an outside dog for security? Do you want an intimidating dog to ward off strangers? Are you willing to spend good money for the "look" of a purebred, or are you willing to take a chance on a mongrel that has certain potential? I've had purebred labs for the most part. All female, all able to be trained to stay off the road (You have to treat them like an infant when letting them loose in the yard for the first year, never take your eye off of them). The last dog I had inherited us, he got dumped by someone. Was a Lab/hound mix...had the most adorable bark, not like a Lab, more like a hound, LOL. Was smarter than all three of my other Labs...but not as well trained. Short hair won't let burrs stick...but Labs shed that undercoat every summer and it can be a mess. I'd get down to the Humane Society, and look for a 10-16 week old pup with potential...wouldn't worry about male or female, just get them fixed early to keep from developing any bad habits. I like working breeds, but the Heelers and Sheepdogs have got so much energy, and they never slow down. Good Luck, a dog is a friend that won't ever let you down.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)