AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What am I missing ? about soil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmcalister
Posted 11/25/2012 18:14 (#2716518 - in reply to #2716372)
Subject: RE: What am I missing ? about soil

North Central Texas

I am considering doing something along these lines of discussion.  I am considering putting down bands of fertility on 15 inch centers at 4 to 6 inches of depth.  We will then plant wheat in a paired row fashion with a 5 and 10 inch spacing, one row on each side of the band of fertility.  The though being that the seminnal roots will grow downward at an angle into the fertility and get the crop off to a better start.  Also put the fertility deep where the moisture is as we are sometimes limited on moisture.  We also raise some row crops on 30 inch centers and these bands would be available to those crops as well. Also the fertility in these bands would be more concentrated than broadcast applications allowing less contact with the soil and therefore less soil tie up.  Considering putting N-P-K-S and Zinc into the solution.  All of this would have to be done with RTK to be able to plant back where the bands were placed.  I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions from any of you that have more knowledge on the subject than myself (thats everyone).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)