AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What am I missing ? about soil
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

tmcalister
Posted 11/26/2012 05:46 (#2717537 - in reply to #2717450)
Subject: RE: What am I missing ? about soil

North Central Texas

Thanks for the input Old Pokey and I was not going to mention it by name but yes the Exactrix system is what we are considering using.  We currently have an ammonia only system but are placing the ammonia preplant 2 to 3 inches deep and putting our P out in dry with the seed.  It only seems logical that if you get the nutrients deeper and in a concentrated band and the geometry such that the plant roots are right above and to the side of that band that there has to be some efficency there.  And yes Guy is knowledgeable on many things but I sometimes feel his passion can overwhelm reality.  His system is expensive and I don't know that he has science to back up many of his claims but do see a lot of logic there.  You can see others in the fertility industry do some of the same things that he is claiming like the Moasic company with there MicroEssentials SZ product. It seems as your options could be limitless when you can place different elements into a solution and place them in a band that is geometrolical optimal for plant roots.  You can test what works best in your environment and soil and go with that.  Thanks for your help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)