AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I've Fallen and Can't Get UP!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 11/26/2012 12:30 (#2718108 - in reply to #2716334)
Subject: RE: I've Fallen and Can't Get UP!

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

plierswearer - 11/25/2012 15:37 Where is a good place to get one of these buttons? Local? State? National? Online? Edit: I'm actually wanting a real button to push that will make my relative feel more secure at home alone. ( my thread was hy jacked) Thanks

Local woman had a button around her neck, kids lived thousands of miles away and called every week, sometimes twice to check on her.  Since she had the button, they didn't bother to call more often.

She fell in her home, but something happened when she fell and she was paralized, was aware, but could not push the button.  She laid there three days before someone found her, she did have people checking on her, but the button kept them from bothering her often.

She survived, but never returned to her home, spent a few years in the nursing home and later died.

I saw an ad recently for a button with a sensor that would go off if a person fell.  I'm not sure how that would work, wouldn't it go off every time they went to bed or reached over for something?  However, if I ever needed a home alert, I would look into that feature.       

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)