AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GIS-based accounting?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Funacres
Posted 11/28/2012 01:01 (#2720871 - in reply to #2715075)
Subject: RE: GIS-based accounting?

Texas

David, the current version (and last several) of Farmworks will do what you are looking to do and it is "industry specific".  It is much easier to use than it used to be and has added many features that you aren't familiar with too.  When you mentioned the 'barn door' I knew you were a long ways from knowing the latest version.  It is much more professional and doesn't waste your time with the 'icons' anymore.

Because of running Farmworks I map all of my field operations and download the data.  It is very easy to track your expenses to the enterprise if you simply map your operations and save the files into FW.  I then edit each one to add the inputs and I'm done.  If I mow a road bank or whatever, the map is going.  When I'm on a machine that doesn't have the capability, I use a Juno with GPS and just lay it in the cab somewhere.  With the Juno I can include the inputs in the field and avoid needing to edit anything back in the office.

If you can piece together enough off the shelf stuff to accomplish what you want, you sure can do it with FW and save a lot of grief.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)