AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What part of "Do Not Disturb" do you not understand?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Redman
Posted 11/22/2012 23:46 (#2711822 - in reply to #2711418)
Subject: RE:I would have agreed with you

SW Saskatchewan
But one day I realized that all the housekeeper jobs were no longer held by citizens of either our countries.

New management models have deemed that a housekeeper should do so many rooms in so many hrs and if not completed in that time, they do it on their own time.

In Canada, employers can import foriegn workers, and pay them 25% less than minimum wage if no local employees can be found. Free enterprise would suggest that if the labor market finds your wage offer too low, then you have the option of (1) increasing you r wage offer or (2) take the capitalist incentive and go out of business.

But no, now they have the option of bringing in low paid foriegn workers who are virtually held prisoner by their employer.

Two consequences (a) they give up little niceties like obeying your "do not disturb" sign or
do a google search on Hotel cleanliness - CBC marketplace.- Little things like the drinking classes washed with cloths used to wash the bathroom floor. result super resistant bacteria throughout the room.

Take the 109.00 dollar room, leave early so the new wage slave can at least get paid for the rooms she has to clean.

Sounds like too much 'me' for Thanksgiving. A sense of entitlement that seems to be on the rise among young women, especially when dealing with women with less status

Think about others a bit more
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)