AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/21/2012 01:33 (#2708689 - in reply to #2708634)
Subject: RE: Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....

Southeast Wyoming

rebuilder - 11/20/2012 20:38

In a well-governed country, poverty is something to be ashamed of.  In a badly governed country, wealth is something to be ashamed of.

---Kung-Fu-Tze (Confucius)

OntarioCanuck - 11/20/2012 21:20 Not sure this has anything to do with government but I would suggest that any country with lots of poor people and a few very rich people will soon have big trouble. Makes no difference what you are ashamed of.

OntarioCanuck - 11/20/2012 22:14 My thoughts are not that you have to make the poor rich or the rich poor. The problems arise when there are people with nothing. People who can not feed their families and then they see someone else being paid millions of dollars for doing little. Then these very well off people complain about having to give a small % of their many $ to feed some one who is going hungry. That is where the problems begin, when there is too much difference between the very poor and the very wealthy, exasperated when those wealthy flaunt their $$ and deny a little dignity to those with out. It just takes a visionary with a silver tongue to lead those with nothing to lose to rise up. It is probably seen in a small way when the owners and bosses in a factory take hugh salaries home while the workers who do the actual work get minimum wage and can not afford enough groceries, and fuel to heat their house at the same time. Next thing is a union and trouble for the bosses.

So it appears that you agree with the original post.  When a government forbids the teaching of moral values in our schools, we all lose.  Oh yes, there have always been greedy people and there always will be, and a poorly governed country creates more of those people, among the poor and among the rich.

LIving in poverty is no cause for shame for those who have no way to avoid it.  The cause for shame lies with those who exploit others for their own benefit, whether it is for financial gain or for power for their cause.  Yes this involves some employers, some workers and some, if not all, union leaders; and certainly those silver tongued "community organizers" who do not believe in our form of government, who orchestrate "class" and racial hatred; and with the other hand legislate and regulate employers into positions which destroy incentives to create/maintain jobs.

I'm afraid you are right.  I see liberal media and others pushing hard now, trying to convince the masses that they now have "nothing to lose".  There is no encouragement to save, to put something away for the future; "blow the extra on entertainment and things which have no lasting value".  The man who puts in his time on a job with no dollars invested except in his lunch box (sorry, I guess everyone eats out now days) is lead to believe he should have the same return on his time as the man who pour his money back into the business.

Yes, it has gotten out of proportion unfortunately.  But when the unions and the government are out to get businesses then owners/investors go for all they can get, just like everyone else.  He with the biggest hammer wins.

We see this same "me" mentality around the world.  Everyone wants things to be "fair" .  So we have a country lobbing missles into a better defended country and when the fire is returned, the first country hides behind "innocent" people and cries foul for the media attention.  Why don't the "innocent" people kick out those who are using them and live in peace with others.

It is the same with labor disputes, unions cry foul everytime management wins a round of talks.  If workers are not happy with their wages, why don't they kick out the unions and work with employers to creat something workable for all.  "Collective bargaining" only helps those who want others to carry their load.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)