AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SHR4010
Posted 11/21/2012 17:10 (#2709539 - in reply to #2708774)
Subject: Re: Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....

live in Spfd, farm located NW Macoupin county
+1
I have been to parts of central Africa as part of my during the week job. In the area I was in, the poorest of poor here in the US are living like Kings compared those people. There was 4 types of housing 1) grass hut with thatch roof, grass hut with a plastic tarp for a roof, mud brick walls with tarp roof, and the elite had mud brick walls with a tin roof held on by rocks. The people basically have no money. We gave 1 of the locals hauling charcoal sticks on his bycycle a dollar and some 4 hour old pizza left over from lunch for allowing us to take his picture. Judging by the smile on his face, you would have thought we had given him a million dollars. He now had a dollar in his pocket and a special dinner for his family that night!!!

The hotel we stayed at had a local man there to clean/polish the shoes of the hotel patrons if they so desired- no chargge to the hotel guests. He cleaned our boots with the water from a peanut butter jar lid- 1 lid full of water to one pair of boots for 2 of the guys. Mine were especially dirty so he had to refresh his water supply once to get both boots cleaned. Between the 3 of us we tipped him $10-he smiled from ear-to-ear. The door man saw us and told us we had just doubled that mans pay for the MONTH!!!!!!! Most people here in the US have no idea what poor is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)