AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bowtieighth
Posted 11/21/2012 01:25 (#2708686 - in reply to #2708634)
Subject: RE: Pearls of wisdom ---tonights edition.....

Bethany, MO

OntarioCanuck - 11/20/2012 23:14 My thoughts are not that you have to make the poor rich or the rich poor. The problems arise when there are people with nothing.

In most cases, that is by choice.  Decisions they've made have gotten them EXACTLY where they are.

People who can not feed their families and then they see someone else being paid millions of dollars for doing little.

What would be "little"?  What did those people have/do X years ago that aligned them for that windfall?

Then these very well off people complain about having to give a small % of their many $ to feed some one who is going hungry.

Define small %.  30%?  40%?  50%?  60%?

That is where the problems begin, when there is too much difference between the very poor and the very wealthy, exasperated when those wealthy flaunt their $$ and deny a little dignity to those with out. It just takes a visionary with a silver tongue to lead those with nothing to lose to rise up.

Should that visionary be paid for leading those poor souls?  Could he be called a BOSS!

It is probably seen in a small way when the owners and bosses in a factory take hugh salaries home while the workers who do the actual work get minimum wage and can not afford enough groceries, and fuel to heat their house at the same time. Next thing is a union and trouble for the bosses.

What's a "huge" salary?  Why don't the workers leave and start their own factory doing what they are doing now for "minimum wage and can not afford enough groceries, and fuel to heat their house at the same time"?  Surely they don't NEED those bosses?  If the workers, that do all the work, owned the company and hired the boss, they could pay him minimum wage!  Why don't they do that?

What does the union do but skim the cream, in the form of union dues, off the already small wage.

Can you guys go to a high school graduation and tell which ones will be the top 1% and which ones will be the bottom 1% in 30 years?  You don't think that the choices/decisions they make have anything to do with it?  If your farm is bigger than mine, how much are you willing to give me so I will have a little dignity?  If the government takes it and gives it to me, you know they're going to skim WAAAAAY more than just the cream!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)