AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why didnt I go away from notill sooner?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

TP from Central PA
Posted 9/26/2012 07:53 (#2609573 - in reply to #2609341)
Subject: RE: I concur with probable lack of visual effect on the field....but........

I had to laugh when I seen someone mention they lost feet of dirt in a field going by stepping off a stone fence row "Down" into the field............I have seen that here, and in some spots it was pretty common..........BUT, it was because the "Old Sckool" guys didn't know how to run a MOLDBOARD PLOW..........Know of one farm especially where a guy plowed the back furrows at the same spot every year, and ended up at the same dead furrows........that is exactly what happened........FEET of soil were moved, so much in fact that you had a good hill where the back furrows were almost terrace like. In that field you did step down into the field from the fence row for sure. Nature had nothing to do with that, other than not supplying brain cells to the owner/operator. With that said, the rest of us who understood you put your back furrow where your dead furrow was the year before when you laid out the field to plow still have the same feild contour all these years later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)