AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why didnt I go away from notill sooner?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boa628
Posted 9/25/2012 21:08 (#2608885 - in reply to #2608415)
Subject: RE: I concur with probable lack of visual effect on the field....but........

SWOH
Not all that is necessarily water erosion. We had one heck of a dust storm here the end of June and I would venture to say if there hadn't been standing crops it would've been a whole lot uglier. Seems there was a lot more tillage done around here this spring than most years...I don't know if it was the early spring and guys had time to do it or if it was for weed control or what but it was unusual. Between that and being really dry it made for an impressive dust storm. Some corn looked like it got sandblasted.

There is physical evidence and some might stay in the field but a lot goes downstream. There's not a pile at the end of the gullies. Like Ed said, you can visually see a height difference in some fields around here that I know for a fact got heavy tillage for a lot of years and some that I know for a fact didn't and some are right across the fence from each other. Maybe it's not the same where you're at but Ed's not being overly dramatic.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)