AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunflower 1434 disk eating transport tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dutch
Posted 9/21/2012 19:54 (#2602724 - in reply to #2602404)
Subject: Re: Sunflower 1434 disk eating transport tires

West Texas
Mike, we too have a 1434-30ft. Tires on it are about done. But after reading your post I got to counting and I think ours is about 10-11 years old or something like that. Furtherest farm was 13 miles away, other place is 5-6 miles away.
It really hasn't sen a whole lot of road running but one thing to keep in mind, those things are HEAVY! I don't know how heavy, I'm sure Sunflowers literature will have that info but I don't have time to look it up. (just in to eat my sandwich for supper)

When we first got ours we had a lot of problems with the walking tandem bearings. After all of them failing withing the first 3 seasons the replacements have lasted a lot longer. (they are still on there except for 1 on a wing)

Have you checked and made sure yours are good and tight? If loose a little that would make it run out of line and wear tires fast.

I think we now have replaced all the wheel bearings too, the final 1 earlier this summer. Overall this one has been a very good disk, It needs new blades now badly but it will still bog an 8430 down in front of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)