AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunflower 1434 disk eating transport tires
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 9/21/2012 13:50 (#2602404)
Subject: Sunflower 1434 disk eating transport tires

West Union, Illinois

We have had a Sunflower 1434 for a few years now.  It has done exactly what we wanted it to do.

When we got it one tire failed in the first few months. Tires have flaws, dealer warrantied it, didn't think much of it.  Now a few years later we are having trouble with tires wearing uneven.  We do very little road time, 5 miles is one side of the farm to the other.  Thinking back, our selling dealer got this one from a dealer over 100 miles away.  Yeah, that could explain the one tire going bad. I can take the tires off and remount them but that only gains a couple years and I'm back buying tires again.

The salesman who sold it to us left the dealership and moved across the state.  The selling dealer is no longer selling AGCO.   I call AGCO about my problem.  Dell computer's Indian support is easier to deal with.  All I can get from them is call my local dealer.  Oh yeah, he doesn't sell it anymore.

I find last winter the salesman has come back in the area to a dealer about an hour away.  I call him to discuss my problem. The Sunflower rep just happens to be coming tomorrow, they will look at it.  I tell them call when they are close so I can meet them.  Son-in-law looks up to see a vehicle and 2 guys at the shop.  By the time he gets across the field they are gone.  I never hear from anyone.

After a week or two I call the dealership.  Finally get in touch with the salesman who said his phone didn't work in my area (A VERY legitimate excuse BTW).  But that doesn't explain the lack of communication. And to date I haven't heard yes, no, we'll fix it or take a flying leap from AGCO, Sunflower, or Chrisman Farm Center.

So I have multiple questions:

1) Do walking tandems naturally eat one side off tires?

2) Is it just me or is there a problem with Sunflower's walking tandem?

3) Is anyone from AGCO Sunflower listening?

The photo below is Dad disking with it.  I think this is the last time Dad drove a tractor in the field.

Edited by Mike SE IL 9/21/2012 13:55

(Image001 (Small).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image001 (Small).jpg (25KB - 288 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)