AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Went welder shopping today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 1/11/2012 21:33 (#2156436 - in reply to #2154908)
Subject: Re: Went welder shopping today

NE S.Dakota
I was in your position 2 years ago, wanted a MIG welder. I went to the dealer in Aberdeen, after researching Lincoln and Miller on the net, and posing the question here. In the end I bought the Miller 212 Auto set. The 252 was only $500 more as it was on sale. I had used a 251 in a production welding facility, and Miller 180. When building a 16 foot livestock gate a 251 would cut several minutes off the welding time,over the 180. So in production the 251 was far superior, it just always worked great. My situation on the farm was repair. The auto set will get you close, if you don't like that setting you can go manual. I have enjoyed the 212 auto set, and have used it for very light to heavy steel. The guys I bought mine from said trade in value was very good on the 212 auto set, if I decide to go with the 252 in the future. He said body shops really like the 212. Obviously if money is no object, get the 252, but the 212 works great too. My stick welder sees very little use now, but on a windy day outside the shop, it still gets dragged out there. As far as duty cycle, I have not run up against it doing repair work, probably not an issue, on the farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)