AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have been with holding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 10/5/2011 19:02 (#1991992 - in reply to #1991876)
Subject: Re: I have been with holding

bwire - So I have $600 iphone that I need a $70 support package to avoid charges for correcting Apple system issues. It has cost me apx 20 hours over the past weeks to irradicate this Apple issue.

Ok, not to be a smart-alec - but you posted your issue, I gave you what I felt was the most logical explanation IF you were entering the ID and password correctly (Apple system problem), and I was right. If you had done this several weeks ago instead of spending the $70 for an issue unrelated to the phone, you would probably be in a much better mood. I know for a fact that tech support for iTunes issues is free - I had to call them once about an issue I was having with a download that I had paid for and couldn't get downloaded. I don't blame you for being PO'd for being charged $70 to get an issue on their end fixed. If I were you, I'd call the iTunes tech support people (my guess is they were who you ended up talking with), explain the situation, and ask for a refund. I'm betting Apple will oblige you. I'm rather surprised they didn't do that anyhow, without you having to ask. My guess is the dept that ended up fixing your problem didn't know that you got to them through the iPhone tech support people.

I haven't seen too much about Apple system issues lately, but I've been seeing emails come through sporadically on my MobileMe account the last several days. A few days ago, MobileMe email was down for 25% of the users. Apple is in the process of moving everything over to their new server farm in prep for iCloud and I believe that MAY have been part of your issue too. For the most part, the AppleID system works without too much trouble.

As for dealing with iPhone without being familiar with the "Apple way" - one thing a person needs to keep in mind - Apple's stuff is designed to be ran by 3 yr olds. USUALLY, if you are having a problem, it is because you are overthinking things. Obviously, that was not your issue this time - but iPhones are SO simple to operate that many techies pull their hair out because they cannot believe it can be so simple and end up making it difficult for themselves. Next time you get stumped, take a deep breath, relax, and ask yourself "How would a little kid get through this?". The answer might surprise you!  :

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)