AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Android vs iOS, in states and court
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 8/10/2011 23:17 (#1906894 - in reply to #1905416)
Subject: Re: In what way....

bwire - iPhone requires going to setting to access application options but Android just tap the application for options even if the app is running.

iOS strives to provide uniformity throughout the system - whether running a native app or one from the store. Putting the settings in the Setting app (holy mackeral - brilliant, huh?) provides that uniformity. You seem to have forgotten that I owned an Android phone for a year and a half - the settings for apps is all over the place. Besides, how many people really change settings that often? Some might, but the majority leave them alone once they get them set to where they want. 

bwire - Updating iPhone requires connecting to iTunes, Android gets updates OTA or via a PC with an extra tool.

Yep, I'll give you that one. OTA updates coming this fall with iOS 5 and one-upping Android by offering delta updates. Android OS requires a complete download of the new OS - a disadvantage on capped data plans.

bwire - I've always had a extreme dislike of iTunes, its a resource hog thats forced upon you by Apple if you want to fully mange your iPhone.
By contrast theres not any single application required to manage your Android device and you can employ multiple apps to manage Android too.

Eh, I'll kinda sorta give you this one too. I hated iTunes in Windows too - don't have any issue with it on the Mac. Same with Quicktime. I figure Apple made it a resource hog in Windows because you guys are used to that sort of thing since your entire OS is a resource hog.  ;)  BUT, once again - iTunes provides uniformity and easy management of the device. The combination of iTunes and the iPod took over the mobile music market, so obviouly the masses out there must not have too many issues with it. Again, I'd have given my left gonad to have found a decent interface between iTunes and my Droid. Tried a few apps that promised the "next best thing" to iTunes, but I ended up ditching them as they weren't all they were cracked up to be.

bwire - Just go ahead an try to prove true multi tasking capability with iPhone, ha!

No problem. How would you like me to prove it to you - so you want a video uploaded to Youtube or something? I often times have my iPod app or Pandora running in the background while looking something up in Safari or using my navigation app. A big fail for you on this one. 

bwire - Android isn't hobbled in it's methods of installing app either wether via bluetooth, PC from the Android market or even home grown apps if you wish.

Uh, huh. I can drive to the Chicago slums to by a bag of Doritos too - but it just isn't the smartest thing to do. I think you are wise enough to catch my drift here. If not, I can spell it out for you - S E C U R I T Y. I'll take vetted apps downloaded from a secure store anyday. Again, been there, done that.

bwire -Some things iPhone does very well but if true freedom is available many opt for it...it's the American way no less.

I get a kick out of this argument - that Android is "free and open". Ever here of "rooting" an Android device? Yea - same as jailbreaking in iOS. If it was an "open" platform, that term would not exist. Google has Android opened up just enough for users (AND hackers) to do foolish things and screw them all up - plain and simple. If Android is the "American way", I'll stick to my pinko commie iPhone, thank you very much!  ;) LOL!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)