AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GS2, Swath Control delay... still going on
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

younginitiative
Posted 5/26/2011 10:12 (#1792841)
Subject: GS2, Swath Control delay... still going on

If you want the background post, you may go here
http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=228705#M174131...

The gist of the problem was/is this: when coming out of a headland, the first section to run over uncovered ground does not paint the map for quite a distance.

Since that initial post, I have discovered two things. The first section to come out of the headlands will not start painting until the next section activates. (It doesn't seem to matter left vs. right, and it shuts off and starts back up again in proper order - this problem is only when it is first put in the ground.)

At first I thought it was only a documentation glitch (which I don't mind), but upon closer examination of the pressure gauges, the first section is actually not energizing until the adjacent section does. In other words, the first section to come out of the headlands will not pressurize until the next one passes the edge and they both pressurize simultaneously.

Again, this is only at the first headlands exit on every pass; if the swaths go from full on to part off and back to full on again, there is no problem whatsoever.

Background info: GS2, 8430 pulling a 2510H, SF2, SwathControl Pro, GSRate Controller, three swath sections, latest software (as of the previous post), and 1sec turn-on/.3sec turn-off in the SCPro settings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)