AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1770nt with row command and JD rate controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dkastens
Posted 5/19/2011 09:50 (#1781652 - in reply to #1781153)
Subject: RE: 1770nt with row command and JD rate controller

Rawlins County Kansas
We run a 2010 JD 1770NT with Row Command and an RC to control electric pump for our starter (12 row sections and 3 fertilizer sections). We have the RC setup as a liquid Fertilizer tool and I believe we have two height switches installed (on row 6 for CCS and row 5 for RC). Your setup shouldn't be having any troubles as configured. JD stuff does seem to be picky about what is plugged in first, etc.

Here is what I would recommend to try. First option (that you've probably already tried) is to simply unplug the round Deutsch connector at the tractor, boot everything up and then shut down, wait a couple of minutes and then replug everything. That will force the GS2/GS3 to "re-find" everything. Second option: unplug the RC from the CAN harness (don't forget to take your terminator off of the RC and put it on the CAN where you unplugged the RC). Start everything up and let everything boot. Shut everything down, wait a couple of minutes and then plug the RC back in (again, don't forget to move the terminator). I had to do that on another planter this year to get the RC to show up on the GS3.

Adios,

Diet
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)