AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Frustrations with Quicken 2009 Home & Business
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tim42163
Posted 4/21/2011 11:32 (#1736736)
Subject: Frustrations with Quicken 2009 Home & Business

Western Iowa
Maybe this is just a rant. Or, if my frustrations are the result of me doing something wrong; someone, please advise me of the correct way.

With my Quicken 2009 H&B: I am frustrated that I haven't found an easy way to show an income statement, based on Schedule F categories. Sure, I can get a tax summary or tax schedule, which shows the totals of my seed, fuel, grain sales, etc. But I haven't found a report that shows net farm income. Which I would like to see throughout the year; so I can consider my expected tax liability when making decisions.

It has business profit & Loss reports. But those reports only show Schedule C items. Plus, it adds any expense or inflow, which doesn't yet have a category, into the business under "Uncategorized" expense or "Uncategorized" income. (I often leave the category blank when I enter transactions from credit card statements, until I find the receipt to match.)

The way it is, I have to put all the category totals into a worksheet structured like a Schedule F; and calculate. I know I can probably build a spreadsheet, and plug all the category totals into it. However, for me that is cumbersome, and that is not getting done.

I haven't found anything that tells if Quicken H&B 2011 would be any better. I am wondering if something like PC Mars would better fit my needs. Otherwise, I am considering having an ag-specific accounting firm do all my bookkeeping. They also use PC Mars. Probably would cost around $2,000/year. But not having the proper information has been costing me more. I farm about 600 acres, and have an outside job.

Thank you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)