AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on darn e-machine won't boot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/15/2010 12:36 (#1360548 - in reply to #1360166)
Subject: Re: update on darn e-machine won't boot

southern MN
A relative was buying a computer years ago.

I told him 3 things not to do.

Don't buy an e-Machine - at that time they were really poor quality - kinda used the scrap off the floor of other computer companies to make a cheap machine of no quality.

Don't get a Celron chipped machine - too slow, price leader but not a good bang for the buck.

Don't buy a $30 printer cable, I have a drawer full of USB cables that cost me $10, sell you one.

So he asks me to come over & set up his:

e-Machines Celron computer, complete with the new printer cable.

Sigh.

Sorry, not helpingh with the original problem. I had a computer that was similar to that, booted off the CD and it asked if I wanted to fix it, said yes, it went through the 'fix' process from CD for 1/2 an hour, then did nothing. Tried that several times, let it sit overnite, and it just would lock up. Could no longer boot it any other way, it demanded to finish the 'fix' process, but wouldn't 'fix either. Endless loop.

One time it happened to drop into a different menu, asked if I wanted to format - YES! and reinstalled everything. Machine works great ever since. Not sure if a bad sector on the hard drive caught me, or what software was so messed up it wouldn't run.

These are odd machines sometimes!

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)