AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on darn e-machine won't boot
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Hayburner
Posted 9/12/2010 00:37 (#1356100 - in reply to #1355726)
Subject: Re: update on darn e-machine won't boot

I had a couple problems with two different machines at work recently. In the first instance, it was a bad video board causing the problem. Everything pointed to a bad power supply since it would shut itself off after a certain time. Not sure if it was an issue of the video board not being activated until a certain point in the boot process that would cause something like that.

In the other instance, the problem was with the motherboard. I opened the case and looked around, and found several capacitors that were rather swelled. I already knew Dell, which this machine was, had gotten a bad batch of motherboards with capacitors that would not last. They would swell and eventually fail. I believe Dell either extended their warranty or had a recall because they had such a problem with this. There were 4 other Dells on the shelf that had been upgraded to newer machines that were the same as the one failing. Two of those also had swollen capacitors, and the third had upgraded capacitors, but still would not boot.

That is not to say other PC manufacturers did not have that problem. There were others, it's just it hit Dell pretty hard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)