AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BSOD Driveer IRQL not less than equal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 9/5/2010 19:27 (#1347870)
Subject: BSOD Driveer IRQL not less than equal

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

I have a better (I think) security software to install to Windows 7.  My new computer came with a year of McCaffee, so I activated it and used McCaffee until this version of CA antivirus became available.  Medicom, my ISP, provides CA antivirus free, and I have used it on my XP machines for some time.  Mediacom did not have the Windows 7 version available until lately.

Problem is, I have to uninstall McCaffee before I can install the new security software.  I uninstall it, and cannot re-boot, get the blue screen of death.  I open in safe mode, use restore to go back to an earlier time, and everything works well.

I have googled the problem, it seems to be common, but most of the fixes have to do with video drivers.  I cannot imagine my problem has to do with Video Drivers, as everything works well when McCaffee is installed, it is only when I uninstall McCaffee that the BSOD occurs and I get the Driver message.

Anyone have a clue what is happening?  I can live with McCaffee until the free year is over if I have to, but would really like to install the CA antivirus that has worked so well with my other computers.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)