AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swing Out CPL Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmerjh
Posted 3/9/2010 21:57 (#1113043 - in reply to #1112965)
Subject: Re: Swing Out CPL Pictures

Weatherford, OK
Yeah, I just finished that up. I put a 2.5hp 4cfm @ 90psi direct drive low speed compressor on the truck to have on-board air. I basically bought a twin stack compressor and cut the tanks apart, added some ports, and mounted them to the toolbox and mounted the compressor inside the box. Everything is mounted to the box so if I change pickups, I can just pull the box out and everything goes with me. I put air bags on the truck and installed a ride height valve to keep the truck level. Basically the truck will squat 2" and then the valve will air up the bags. I wanted to put live air on the truck not only for the air bags, but also to be able to change tires and air up tires. In doing so, I wanted an air compressor that would run an impact. So looking for 4+cfm and 100% duty cycle, I found that it was going to be cheaper to get a 110 volt air compressor and mount an inverter in the truck than it would be to get a good 100% duty cycle 12DC compressor. So basically I have an 1800 Watt inverter mounted to the front of the tool box which powers the air compressor and I have the ability to have 110 outlet for anything else. My plan was to originally use this to charge up the batteries on my cordless power tools, but after talking to the manufacturers, they don't recommend it since the inverter is not a pure sine wave. I am going to try it anyway just because I have an old battery and extra charger. I also wired it so if I am somewhere that has electrical power, I can plug into that and use that instead of the inverter. This will allow me to get full use out of the air compressor set up. So far I love it, wish I would have done that when I first got the truck. The only thing left is to finish up wiring up the air pressure gauge to get air bag pressure and tank pressure. I will try and take some pictures of the setup and get those posted.

Jacob
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)