AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Swing Out CPL Pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Farmerjh
Posted 3/9/2010 21:03 (#1112886)
Subject: Swing Out CPL Pictures

Weatherford, OK

Okay, with all the talk about how to make a swing out CPL toolbox in the back of your truck, and with Matt pestering me to post pictures of mine....here is my stab at it.

No modifications made to the pickup bed (no holes).  I made the box and the tray that the box sits in removeable so the width of the pickup bed is unobstructed and it is fairly easy to remove the box if needed without using any tools if you know the trick to get it out Laughing.  The only thing that I need to finish is the parking foot.  I basically have a pin that locks it into storage and working positions, my thought is that the foot would allow for infinite positions and replace the block of wood. The mount is strong enough to hold the full 150lbs of the box in all positions, but I put a bock of wood under it to keep it from bouncing up and down.  I built this in mind to have 2" of space between the bottom of the box and the bed so I could slide sheet of wood or metal under the box without having to remove it. This also makes it flush with the top of the bed so you can still pull trailers.  Basically the way the mount is designed, all the weight is transferred into the side post of the pickup bed.  I have been using this for almost 2 years now and I have had no problems.  I like it because I can get to my tools and yet be able to easily hook up any gooseneck trailer without having to remove the toolbox. For the pivot, I just used a single pin with a plastic bushing so that rust is not an issue.

Enjoy,

Jacob

Edited by Farmerjh 3/9/2010 21:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)