AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I wore out an Epson printer , chapter 2.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 10/1/2009 20:53 (#867428)
Subject: I wore out an Epson printer , chapter 2.

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
I read this thread a while back. http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=119491&posts=2... printer&highlightmode=1#M845816

Well today my Epson CX3200 lit the "error" light when I turned it on. Nothing I could do would make the error light go off and the printer work.
The Epson page on my computer said "The printer has reached the end of it's life, and should be replaced. "
They said " the ink pads need to be replaced which is very expensive plus other parts of the printer may be near the end of their life," so the" protective counter" has electronically disabled a perfectly good working all in one scanner / printer / copier after a predetermined number of printing cycles.
I am sure this is a CYA move on Epsons part as they say that ink can leak from the machine or into electrical componants.

My thoughts, "bull spit" I paid for that printer and I will decide when it is no longer useable. Also miffs me that I just purchased two sets of new ink cartridges and now Epson says "sorry, game over"
Google came to my rescue, a search found a fellow who describes in perfect detail how to remove /wash and reinstall those pads using only a screwdriver and pointed me to the "SSC service utility that can be downloaded to reset that "protective counter" to 0.

An hours work and the printer works like new again at no cost. :-)

Edited by Jon Hagen 10/2/2009 11:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)