AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Toughbook, Vista or XP?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 9/30/2009 22:19 (#866307 - in reply to #865741)
Subject: Re: New Toughbook, Vista or XP?

roaming
the issues I've personally experienced are related primarily to performance (speed, processor usage, memory usage, etc.) I will readily admit that the computers I've used with Vista have not been high-powered systems, but MS should be smart enough to build an operating system that will perform well on these types of machines. Why is that MS's responsibility? It's not so much a responsibility, but an acknowledgement that consumers are not going to blame the hardware, because their interaction is not directly with the hardware, it's with the OS, and the OS is MS's baby. So if MS wants to ensure a favorable customer response to their OS, they need to make sure the OS works on the type of system the average consumer is going to buy.

If Vista had been hyped as a high-end, commercial, enterprise OS solution, then I wouldn't expect it to perform well on consumer systems. But it wasn't - it was introduced as a customer-friendly Mac-killer. Please. I'm no fan of Macs either - I think they're way overhyped (and in the little playing I've done with them, I haven't seen anything that lived up to the hype), but I would almost buy a Mac before another "average" consumer Vista machine.

As for the other issues - the ones I haven't personally experienced but have heard about, well, you're just a Google search away from more reports than you could get through in a lifetime.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)