AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Toughbook, Vista or XP?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/30/2009 19:51 (#866063 - in reply to #865741)
Subject: Re: New Toughbook, Vista or XP?

Vista is one of Microsoft's biggest failures since Bob.

If you seriously do not know what people's issues have been with it, you are in the wrong business.

I think they have ironed out some of them (more than likely hardware has caught up to it), but there aren't too many people out there willing to take it on. I only hope Microsoft learned a lesson from the Vista fiasco and will not release future OS's before they are really ready for the real world. And by that, I mean not requiring $2000 worth of hardware to make it run "right". I've read enough of your posts here to see that you build some pretty hopped-up systems - which no doubt have/had resources enough to run that bloated pig, but not everyone wants to drop that kind of cash to run a new OS. That's fine, but MS should not appear bewildered when people start complaining about problems with their run-of-the-mill boxes.

If Vista hadn't been such a resource hog, I more than likely would never have tried Mac and we'd have missed out on our colorful debates on here. I guess that is one good thing that came out of Vista. :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)