AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Statin drugs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mitchco
Posted 4/27/2024 07:22 (#10719765 - in reply to #10719029)
Subject: RE: Statin drugs

SW OH
I took some statin for about 6 months and hated it. It made my joints hurt and only changed my numbers a few points. That was 10 years ago and I kind of wonder if the 6 months worth gave me terminal joint pain. My 2 older brothers had a similar experience. I had an aunt who's numbers were extremely high. She lived to be 104.

I've always heard that cholesterol is hereditary and what you eat has little to do with it. I've also been told that cholesterol drugs are the biggest money making scam the pharmaceutical industry has going.

The doctor who prescribed the statins for me wanted to increase the dose or try a different statin and also lectured me about being 50 pounds over weight on my last visit to him. I felt like he was trying to shame me about my diet of mainly red meat and lots of eggs and cheese. I told him of my research about cholesterol and pharmaceutical companies profits from treatment drugs. He was 50 pounds over weight himself so I asked him what his cholesterol numbers were and he got agitated and stuttered something about he was the doctor and his education was better than mine. As I walked out the door I told him to look at this as a patient that pays pharmaceutical companies, not a doctor that works for them.

I have come to believe that most doctors work is based on opinion and kick backs from pharmaceutical companies.

Mitchco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)