AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Super Bowl question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/3/2019 07:06 (#7293508 - in reply to #7292379)
Subject: RE: Super Bowl question

North Central Illinois
First of all most of the replies to this post are hilarious. Talk about having your panties in a wad!

We will watch the game or part of it. If it is a blowout we will switch to something on Netflix. The commercials hold no interest for me anymore. They were really good up until about ten years ago. Now many of them make no sense. Would like to see the Rams win but don’t feel passionately about it either way.

As I predicted a couple of years ago the kneeling thing has pretty much gone away because most of us ignored it and the media stopped covering it. I had mixed emotions about the actual kneeling because it does seem disrespectful to the flag. On the other hand it was a bold move by players of African American descent to draw attention to perceived discrimination against African Americans in this country. We can argue all day about whether their claim has merit or not. At the end of the day it was a silly way to get attention by a very small percentage of NFL players. By ignoring it instead of screaming and yelling and trying to see who can seem the most patriotic it has quietly gone away. I’m not holding everyone in the NFL accountable and refusing to watch games because of something as stupid as that. To do so would be childish.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)