AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tkoppel
Posted 1/22/2019 13:38 (#7264067 - in reply to #7263935)
Subject: RE: New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at

Sanilac Co. Michigan
Mmm, no. Point of the shoulder at 200 and lights out.

Reading through you posts on this topic I think we're looking at two different methods of deer hunting.

Though still hunting to a limited degree is possible in lower Michigan, for the most part it's just not practical. Its all private land, where it's considered more than a little rude to cross property lines...and we have a lot of little property lines. For the same reason, deer drives are far less common then when I was a kid. Really, the only choice is to take a stand and stay put.

What does work is a good stand where a guy can mark the ranges to game. Kinda like pre registering your shots. A good rest makes for clean shot placement and a minimum of drama in pursuing wounded game through the neighbors property.

I guess what this means is we here can take advantage of some of the seemingly miniscule improvements in gear. Round ball to Fosters, Fosters to sabots, sabots to fully rifled shotgun barrels and today, some glorified pistol rounds. Each improvement has incrementally increased accuracy and that's had a direct effect on the realistic range we can take game at. Certainly energy hasn't been the limiting factor.

I wonder what the rim diameter would be for the 350?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)