AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cpaer
Posted 1/22/2019 10:06 (#7263583 - in reply to #7263005)
Subject: RE: New straight wall cartridge introduced by Winchester today at

Sir:

I will go one step further in regard to calibers. What is the need for cartridges in North America greater than the .257 IMP and the .270? Please excuse my strong views but I only speak from experience. It seems to me the new short Mags and "new" Mags give the gun companies something new to sell to the young(age 20 to 60) chaps a new toy and of course people of that age have no experience to speak of.

In an effort to establish my personal experience level, I will point out that I have killed every huntable animal in North America except the bears and musk oxen, I have killed six whitetail bucks that qualify for B & C listing, I got a Grand Slam in North American Sheep, I have B & C animals for antelope and goat, and further afield I have hunted ibex in Turkey, five countries in Africa for elephant, lion, cape buffalo, leopard, kudu, sable, water buck, lechewe, puka.

I submit that a reloading manual and a computer is no substitute for good research AND field experience. Today I hear "hunters" talking about 600,0700 yard shots. I for one am not impressed since such "hunters" do not possess the skill to get closer to the game. In other words they are "tin horns" but it gives those with little or no experience something to talk about!

I suggest you read Jack O'Connor and Bob Hagel and ignore the current crop of outdoor writers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)