AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Public Library Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 6/2/2018 12:54 (#6791342 - in reply to #6791297)
Subject: RE: Public Library Question

central - east central Minnesota -

jonas grumby - 6/2/2018 12:32 I am going to attempt to search state law but if anyone knows it would save me some time. In Illinois library districts are taxed at the township level. There is not a public library in our township so we pay no library taxes. When I was a child (50 years ago) my mother took us to a public library in another township and that was allowed because we did not have a library. The library she took us to was in the town that has the post office that relates to our mailing address which is out of our township. I do not know if our address had anything to do with where we went or if it was just the town that my mother visited most often. My wife likes to read and today went to a neighboring town and asked if she could purchase an out of district library card the lady acted like my wife was from another planet. We no longer visit the town that is our mailing address so my wife does not want to attempt to go to that library. My question is can someone who does not live in a library district purchase a library card from another taxing district? Is the person who wishes to purchase a library card limited to which library taxing districts they can go to and purchase an out of district library card? 

Not to belittle your question or issue  . . . .. but, Really ?  ? ? ?  If that situation was in our township, and unless state statute directed differently, I would sell or give out the library card to whom ever and when ever. Even if state statute was some arcane rule, i'd likely break it (I mean really, what's a Judge going to do, take away my Birthday)?  
With all the issues people could and have to deal with today (not directed to you), someone needs an attitude adjustment at the Public library . . . . .. 

I'm interested to see what your state statute reads for this deal . . . .. . . 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)