AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church in transition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rosiesdad
Posted 6/1/2018 20:00 (#6790193 - in reply to #6789833)
Subject: RE: church in transition

Western-Central Lower Michigan
bakerna4 - 6/1/2018 15:00

It's a hard thing when the church you are a member of starts to go down a path you feel isn't based in scripture and is for the wrong reasons. The church I have been a member of all my life was ELCA. When the vote to ordain homosexual pastors happened our congregation made the difficult decision to leave and join a different Lutheran Synod. We spent the better part of a year exploring our options and trying to find the right fit. It wasn't easy, some synods had a local, congregation driven structure with little support from the central church which didn't fit us very well. We look at the LCMS but didn't like the closed communion aspect and that they don't ordain women.

Eventually we were lead to the North American Lutheran Church. Their beliefs and values along with the church structure fit our congregation very well and we made the decision to leave the ELCA and join the NALC. This has been an excellent decision as we have continued to watch the ELCA drift further from the teachings of Jesus. www.thenalc.org

I don't know if the NALC might be a fit for you or not. I don't know if there are others in your church that as frustrated with the direction of the ELCA also. But I would encourage you not to settle for something you don't think is right. Explore your options, either as a congregation, or as a your family. Our congregations decision wasn't easy, it wasn't unanimous but had over 90% support, we lost a few members although have gained far more back from other area ELCA churchs that are still ELCA. I believe it was the right decision.

I'm curious about this vote you mentioned to include more people. Could you explain that more?

Ran into a Guy from NALC who attends ab out 20 miles from here. NALC would be a Church I would love to explore, LCMS can be a bit stuffy and after years its repetitive (sermons, from the synod about same sermon for every calendar week year round. Both NALC and LCMS very much stick to the Bible. I think NALC will allow women to be ordained.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)