AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

church in transition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 6/1/2018 09:01 (#6789387 - in reply to #6788821)
Subject: RE: church in transition

Mid MO
Raised Methodist and prefer a traditional church service. Tried going to the Baptist church with DH but that particular church has a half wit preacher that isn't ordained, just moved by the holy spirit.... All he could do was bang on gays and go off on wild tangents. (How many gays are in a congregation of 30 people with the average age of 70?) you tried to shake hands with the man after church, he was too bass akwards to have a normal conversation. Just sort of stared at you. The sweet old people started dying off and the home school crackpots who's kids pop off to the 70 yo Sunday school teacher took over. (4yo told the teacher she was lying, should've had her butt warmed for that, imo) they became deacons and well, I quit going.
Same thing with the Baptist church in town, but they have the families with 10 kids, who are asking for a love donation every week for groceries..... their kids run up and down the aisle during church and won't sit down.

Thought about the town Christian Church, but there's a lady DH can't stand that goes there. He doesn't want to have to put up with her. She would be the kind to seek him out and talk every week. Thought about the black Methodist Church but a redhead and a blond are going to stick out pretty bad. Worry that folks will think we have some sort of agenda, nope just need a normal church with a decent preacher and a good carry in! My home Methodist Church is full of town muckity-mucks that I don't fit in with. Carry in consists of bean sprouts and tofu. They ripped out all the pews and installed dinette chairs....meh. After they spent $100,000 to rebuild the organ!

Think we're going to try a rural Christian Church. Services every other Sunday and they need members badly. My people built that church so hopefully it'll be a good fit. I want an organ that rattles the windows, a service that makes sense, a little visiting, and carry in that is edible. Nothing fancy, just church! (Maybe I'm asking too much, idk.)

I will not be attending the local Las Vegas Jesus movie theater. I think it's a sham and the preacher is a snake oil salesman. I got to see first hand what a two faced turd he is as a kid working drive through. They can keep their light up billboard and drums. I don't make enough $ to join anyway....

*I have friends who home school but their kids behave and they don't beg for money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)