AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Local Co-op hired help problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Brahamfireman
Posted 5/9/2018 18:06 (#6752066 - in reply to #6752027)
Subject: RE: Local Co-op hired help problems

Braham MN.
Don't worry, we're out there, most of us are so busy working all the hours we don't have time to be seen in public or on the Internet.

I was 27 years old, walked into an elevator in Western Minnesota and said hey I grew up on a dairy farm I'm looking for a job guy said I'll hire you when you want to start. Worked that job for seven and a half years working 50 hours a week every week, spring fertilizer and fall Harvest was closer to a hundred a week. The money was great, once my oldest was born it only took me a couple years to figure out just how much I was missing, and I knew I couldn't keep working the same hours for the next 15 to 20 years. Haven't cut back yet now I just drive truck for the same elevator, putting in the same number of hours a week. But at least I'm home on the weekends and a little bit earlier at night. Getting home at 9 p.m. and getting up at 6 a.m. wasn't much fun especially with two little kids.

Like I said, we're out there. I'm only 35 and still work a ton of hours, and farm, and am a volunteer fireman. it seems the first half of the millennial generation is the worker type, the second half, born after 1990 and later are the ones that don't want to work.

Edited by Brahamfireman 5/9/2018 18:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)