AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the market telling us to raise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/4/2017 03:36 (#6286259 - in reply to #6286064)
Subject: RE: What is the market telling us to raise?

Kooiker - 10/3/2017 21:58

Jake081 - 10/3/2017 13:46   Is there a commodity out there I'm missing that I should be looking to get into? Finishing barn for pigs? Lota bad memories from them as a kid in the 90s, but maybe times have gotten better.

Have you looked at the hog market lately?         The current hog market makes corn/beans look like a gravy train.

IMO, its very likely that there will be lots of blood shed in the hog industry over the next few years.    Waaay too much extra production coming on line that is going to be looking for a home.

Sure they built more packing plants so we can kill lots of extra hogs, someone still has to buy all of the extra meat at a price level that allows everyone to stay in business.

Unfortunatly, Kooiker, nobody HAS to do anything. And not everyone is going to stay in business. The strong will survive, flourish, and prosper. The weak will get trampled. I'm sorry, but I don't have much sympathy because of the endless (and I might as well say mindless) building of confinement buildings. When is enough going to be enough in the hog industry? At least in grains, there is a point where it's pretty hard to exceed. The hog industry needs another bloodbath to stop this senseless continued expansion.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)