AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

DewDropValley
Posted 2/14/2017 20:59 (#5840334 - in reply to #5840156)
Subject: RE: Whole Farm Revenue Insurance Policy?

Kentucky
Please correct me if I am wrong... if you are a 3 crop row cropper: corn/wheat/beans and you are located in an area where 13-16 have been some of the best years of your farming career then the yield advantage alone could in itself reach up to a 10% increase over MPCI.

WFRP is subsidized at 80% all the way through 75% coverage. MPCI stops at 70% if memory serves me correctly. So for the guys that stop at 75% you are winning already. The 80-85% is also more highly subsidized than the MPCI counterpart.

If your taxes show some moderate growth from 11-16 I have seen it kick out some pretty decent indexed values and not even have to use the "up to 35%" expansion factor. It uses the lower of your historic revenue and expected revenue so taxes make a huge difference!

I like the product because guaranteed bushels don't mean a thing if basis goes horribly wrong and that's where this product can shine.

Also, why buy 75% underlying RP coverage? The subsidies kick in at the max level as soon as your MPCI liability reaches 50% of your expected revenue.

Feel free to message me if you have questions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)