AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheat conditions decline.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 1/5/2017 01:05 (#5745338 - in reply to #5744997)
Subject: Sorghum piles not as big.. Pruitt GO HOME!!

No doubt there's ALOT of sorghum stubble.. as much or more than sown wheat in places.. with a lot of wheat stubble headed to something.. aka sorghum.

However not as much sorghum piled outside as I expected from all the stories..  Now there's a fair amount of new storage up along the way.. but.. ??  Again this is not a big trip in the grand scheme.. probably the piles are up in NW Kansas...??

O'Brien has a good sorghum update..  ( http://www.agmanager.info/us-grain-sorghum-and-world-coarse-grain-m... )

Along with the ethanol grind for the month..  ( http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/usda/current/GrnCrush/GrnCrush-01-0... )

after the big drop in 14/15 and the big inclusion in 15/16..  the decline in production is lowering the ethanol grind of sorghum.. golly did we raise as much sorghum as the market thinks..???

Where is it?

I was a little surprised that they started calling for corn as early as they did.. "thunked ya'll was pretty flush out there.."

rumors in the trade of some merchants short bought sorghum.. with the strong terminal bids over $3.15'ish this fall..

Far South Central Area must have really been stung on the Sugar Cane Aphids.. really poor yield reports.. 50'ish and below.. ouch.

At the plant the quality is better than last year's so far.. but we're getting it picked up sooner from the ground piles also..  so where is it?

side note: good story on DTN yesterday of the off grade corn coming in from outside rained on piles.. Phew..bet that smells good.. Golly a whole shuttle rejected..

OUCH!!  cough $$ cough $$..  I think the poorer quality of this 2016 crop(s) is gonna be the story.. golly where did it go?

Load today was 58 lbs.. last year was 62+  94% of last year x 15.2 byn = a billion bushels..?!?  lost to quality alone.. test wt.

.. are we headed for a stocks report surprise next week...???  Not as much grain out there as the market thinks...??? 

edit add:  Read the article on DTN about the Midwest Senators (including Roberts..) meeting with Pruitt for EPA..  so does he get the job or his opposition to ethanol send him back to Oklahoma?  That will be interesting..  

Personally I don't like him..  a poor pick for EPA in my opinion..  If Pruitt wants to help the environment send him back to solve the earthquakes in Oklahoma.. 

Roberts better stand his ground!! 

I voted for Roberts and Trump.. I WOULD NOT EVER vote for Pruitt.. and may remember it at the polls the next time...  PRUITT GO HOME!!

might need to start making some calls.. 

Edited by JonSCKs 1/5/2017 08:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)