AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 6500 sprayer Raven Electronic Rate Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/30/2016 05:50 (#5556335 - in reply to #5556010)
Subject: RE: John Deere 6500 sprayer Raven Electronic Rate Controller

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Boom sense is the term used which refers to the Raven "knowing" which sections are currently on. It needs this information to correctly compute the actual rate being applied at any time. With a regular 440 this is done internally since a regular 440 has boom section switches. In your case, the boom switches are external but the Raven still needs to "know" which sections are currently ON. In your wiring, the wire that actually turns on Section 1 splits and goes back into the Raven so it knows when section 1 is ON. Likewise for the other boom sections.

You can test this without actually spraying. If you drive around with the spray pump off, you should be able to watch the area/hr. As you turn on Section 1 you should see a number for are/hr. This number is based on ground speed and the width of section 1. Do this with various combinations of all your booms. This value should get larger as you turn on more booms. It can be done without moving by using the self-test speed as well.

There can be internal problems with the boom sense diodes. I have had to replace them several times throughout my work as a Tech.

Edited by tedbear 9/30/2016 05:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)